My butt, January 2009

My butt,  January 2009
(who could miss it)

My butt, January 2010

My butt, January 2010
photos by Tom Peal

Welcome to You and All your Brilliant Parts!

In 2009 I lost 40 lbs and I got a new butt. How? Diet and exercise, that's the short answer. But all of the things I learned that made it emotionally possible, that allowed me to succeed when I had failed before - that will take longer. This blog celebrates the intelligence of the body. Please leave me a note to let me know what you think of this writing, if it's been helpful. I welcome your input and experience.

Monday, March 8, 2010

Week 2 of pre-pre fast


Last week's diet had it's ups and downs.

One up was a great bike ride Tom and I took on Saturday - 30 miles, the longest ever.  Some downs include forgetting I'd eliminated alcohol a couple of times (really, I forgot) and giving in to stress for a whole-wheat cracker and goat cheese binge one night.  It helps me that we only keep good food around the house - when I just let go and munch down, I don't do myself as much damage as in times past.

So you see why I give myself three weeks to ratchet down for the juice fast.

How's it going for you?

Later, Jenni

1 comment:

  1. I'm doing good however, last week twice I had a 1/2 c. ice cream and once a few small pieces of licorice. Both items were made with seemingly harmless ingredients except sugar. The side effects reminded me why I aim to always eat fresh.

    I am exercising 30-40 minutes most days with my last meal eaten between 4:30-7pm depending on my schedule and the volume of food I consumed earlier in the day.

    My priority goals are daily exercise, smaller portions and absolutely no sugar!

    ReplyDelete