My butt, January 2009

My butt,  January 2009
(who could miss it)

My butt, January 2010

My butt, January 2010
photos by Tom Peal

Welcome to You and All your Brilliant Parts!

In 2009 I lost 40 lbs and I got a new butt. How? Diet and exercise, that's the short answer. But all of the things I learned that made it emotionally possible, that allowed me to succeed when I had failed before - that will take longer. This blog celebrates the intelligence of the body. Please leave me a note to let me know what you think of this writing, if it's been helpful. I welcome your input and experience.

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Tuesday brain food ...



SAINT OF THE DAY: St. Catherine of Bologna 1413-1463 – patron of art and artists and against temptations

QUOTE OF THE DAY: Sometimes we used to eat once a day... chicken backs. You could buy four chicken backs for a quarter. – Raul Julia

Thanks to my friend Pam for sending out Word of the Day!  Both of these bits of information seem oddly pertinent today.  The first, because I think I could use a patron saint against temptations, and the second because it's a good reality check regarding personal economy and global food context.  Things can certainly look different depending on which piece of the bird you get.

Later, Jenni

5 comments:

  1. My point is, there are food issues and then there are food issues. Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  2. CLUCK! CLUCK! CLUCK!
    LOVE YA, PAM

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad to have friends that cluck! Thanks for dropping by, Pam!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My book finally got here today. Hope St. Catherine will help me read it by D Day (diet day). Cluck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's an easy read. I'll start talking about my own adaptations to the program soon. For instance, no enemas for me.

    ReplyDelete