My butt, January 2009

My butt,  January 2009
(who could miss it)

My butt, January 2010

My butt, January 2010
photos by Tom Peal

Welcome to You and All your Brilliant Parts!

In 2009 I lost 40 lbs and I got a new butt. How? Diet and exercise, that's the short answer. But all of the things I learned that made it emotionally possible, that allowed me to succeed when I had failed before - that will take longer. This blog celebrates the intelligence of the body. Please leave me a note to let me know what you think of this writing, if it's been helpful. I welcome your input and experience.

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Restorative Yoga Classes

Readers, I'll be taking off a couple of days because of workload, but I want to pass this time-sensitive information on:

Dallas yoga teacher Louise Applebome will be offering a series of restorative yoga classes at Move Studio in Dallas, Tuesday nights at 7:45.  Although this six-week course started last night, March 2, here's an encouraging word from the teacher:
There is still room in the series and MoveStudio will pro-rate the fee for new-comers.  So, by all means.  Let folks know we still have room.
They too can enjoy an hour and fifteen minutes of bliss every Tuesday night.
Or, encourage anyone to contact me for private or small-group restorative yoga sessions at my home studio at day/time of their choice.  Great idea for a date night--Partner restorative yoga before dinner and or bedtime!
Thanks so much.
Louise
Louise Applebome del norte yoga 
 www.delnorteyoga.squarespace.com
214-696-1714 or 214-704-8980 
I don't have time right now to talk about how helpful restorative yoga has been for me, but I'll tell you that I use the techniques I learned all the time.  One of my binge triggers is stress, so it's been really important for me to learn how to relax.

Although I have not yet studied under Louise, I am convinced of her qualifications and the effectiveness of her approach based on her background.  Other restorative teachers in town that I can recommend as a student are Marge Rash at Iyengar Studio of Dallas and Mara Black at Dragon Fire.

Try it, you'll like it (and by the way, it's relaxing, not athletic), later, Jenni
P.S.  Upcoming topics:
"It's all in the recovery ..."
"Hunger ..."
"Dress for success (on the cheap) ..."
"Countdown to the juice fast ..."
"More adventures with home fermenting ..."
and of course, more recipes.

2 comments:

  1. Wow. The blog is a great idea for sharing your success and helping others find their way. I'll be following as much as I can. If I'm not posting, I may be lurking!

    Love you,

    Kendra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for reading, Kendra! Great to hear from you. All the best, Jenni

    ReplyDelete